Welcome to The Mot House!
Note to our site visitors
Due to illness in the family, The Mot House is currently not operating. The site will be updated when a clearer picture emerges for us.
We apologise for any inconvenience
The Mot House is a
relaxed low-key self-contained holiday home - a recent addition to
mid-range vacation accommodation in Motueka in the popular Nelson Bays
area. Great for friends, families, couples, children, groups.
What we offer
The Mot House is a 3 bedroom 1940s character bungalow on a
fenced corner garden block with a leafy outlook and rural and mountain
views. Located in a quiet part of town and just a leisurely
stroll to main street. A short drive to the bayside,
and not far from Kaiteriteri Beach and Abel Tasman National Park.
The Mot House has been positioned at a price level that competes well with both budget and mid-range offerings such as backpackers and motels.
You can download a printable pdf file of a Mot House flyer here (1.4Mb)
“I aim to
provide an attractive, low-key holiday house for
A place from which you can explore all that the region has to offer . . . . a laid back environment with many of the comforts of home but fewer demanding distractions . . . . offering your own space and privacy.
Your town-based "bach".
Lorraine Binnington, The Mot House
- Competitive price
- Great location close to town and attractions
- Your own private space
- Complementary teas and coffees
- Spice rack, fresh herbs by the door.
- Spacious, light and airy
- Private fully fenced block for children
- Open feel indoors with lots of windows and living space
- Deck with leafy views
- Lovely outdoor all-day breakfast area by kitchen door
Close by . . .
- Abel Tasman National Park
- Sea Kayaking
- Swimming at the SaltWater Baths
- Gecko Theatre
- Hot Mamas NiteClub and Cafe
- Four Winds Gallery and Cafe
- Sky Diving
- Kaiteriteri Beach
- The Motueka River for swims and picnic
- The Motueka Boarkwalk and Sand Spit
- more . . .